If you’re like most pool owners, you probably don’t think about cleaning your pool filter until it’s absolutely necessary. However, if you want to keep your pool looking its best all season long, regular filter cleaning is a must. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to clean an above-ground pool filter quickly and easily.
Pool Filter Pump Cleaning Tips
1. Check the filter pressure gauge to see if it is operating normally. If not, check the pressure relief valve and make sure that it is in good working order. If the pressure is too high, you may need to clean or replace your pump impeller.
2. Remove all debris from the pool floor and walls with a net before cleaning your filter pump. This will help prevent dirt from being sucked back into the pump when you turn it on again after cleaning. It will also keep loose debris from getting into your filter and clogging it.
3. Remove the basket from the pump and empty it of any debris. -Rinse the basket with a hose to remove any dirt or small particles that may be clinging to it. Replace the basket and screw on the lid securely.
4. Soak your filter cartridges in a bucket of filter cartridge cleaner for at least 12 hours, or as directed by the manufacturer. -Rinse them well with a hose before putting them back into your filter housing. -If your cartridges are very dirty, you may need to soak them in muriatic acid for an hour before cleaning them with a hose.
5. The pump is the heart of the pool filtration system and it has to be cleaned regularly. It can be cleaned by removing the lid and hosing off all of the parts that come into contact with water. The filter cartridge should also be changed every few months depending on how much debris is in your pool.
How To Clean Above Ground Pool Filter Step-by-step instructions
- A hose
- A filter cartridge cleaner
- Muriatic acid
- A bucket
- A pool net -Replacement filter cartridges
Remove the filter from the pool. If it is a mechanical filter, disconnect it from the pump. If it is automatic, turn off power. Check for and remove any debris that may be stuck in the filter. Use a net to scoop out any leaves or other items that are caught in the filter basket. You can also use your hands to remove any large pieces of debris. Rinse out your pool filter with water from a hose or garden hose. Once you have located the filter, turn off the power to the pump. Then, open the housing and remove the filter.
Next, soak the filter in a bucket of pool filter cleaner. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how long to soak it. After soaking, rinse the filter off again with fresh water. You can now put it back in the pool or put it away for storage. It is important to clean your above-ground pool filter regularly to keep your pool water clean and clear. By following these simple steps, you can prolong the life of your filter and ensure that your family has a fun and safe summer swimming season!
We hope that this article has helped you to understand how to clean an above-ground pool filter. It is a relatively easy process, but it is important that it be done on a regular basis in order to keep your swimming area free of debris and contaminants. We recommend cleaning it every few months, or as needed. summertime! tips on how to clean your above-ground pool filters so that you can enjoy sparkling clean water all season long!